How To Find Us
From Johannesburg International we can arrange for you to be picked up by Waterberg Transfers and driven in comfort to the Pont Drift Border Post, a 5 hour drive. You will be met by a Limpopo Valley Hores Safari representative and driven to a LHS camp. Upon departure you will be collected again from the Pont Drift Border Post and driven back to Johannesburg.
You can self-drive or alternatively you can contact us and we will arrange a charter flight for you to the Limpopo Valley Airfield.
- The Border Post between South African and Botswana at Pont Drift opens at 08h00 and closes at 16h00. Please note these Pont Drift Border Post hours are strictly enforced.
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg (Toll fees are payable on the N1 to Polokwane - previously known as Pietersburg).
- Guests travelling from South Africa must clear South African immigration before being personally met by a Limpopo Valley Hores Safari representative. Transfer of guests and their luggage to open 4-wheel drive vehicles is made at this point and all guest vehicles are safely left within the precinct of the South African border post.
- Should the Limpopo River be in flood, transfer across the river into Botswana is made by cable car or by boat at an additional cost of BWP30.00 per person one way.
- The Limpopo Valley Hores Safari representative will assist guests through Botswana Immigration before transferring them to the camp.
Approximate Distances from Johannesburg to Pont Drift:
- JHB to Polokwane (previously known as Pietersburg) 300 km (187 miles)
- Polokwane to Pont Drift 204 km (127 miles)
- JHB to Pont Drift approximately 5 hours drive
Click here fore a Road map in PDF format